Thread: Finland: Tura Offi 2009 11-13.9

Original

Default Finland: Tura Offi 2009 11-13.9

Fourth race in Finnish Off-Road orienteering cup in 2009 is Tura Offi. It's now second time that this race is held. It's located near Rauma and from Turku it's only little bit over 1h to drive (90km). So this is nearest race for our swedish competitors.

Last year there was 7 Swedish teams and allready (before this english translation of race invitation) for this year there is 8 teams participating. So thanks for participating even for advance;)

This time we make something new and fun for this race (at least we try). There will be little (2-4min) voluntary speed section wich should be drivable with all cars and maximum drivable speed will be less than 40km/h. Everyone who make it get points, but class fastest get most, second little bit less etc.

And as always...

Pictures etc from last year (2008) you can find from Offipalsta topic:
    here

Some teasers from race area for this year (2009) can be found from this Offipalsta.com:s topic. Men with yellow T-shirt is Esa (Head of race) and with black shirt is Mika (Race secretary, isn't he beautiful;):
    here

Race invitation in English:
    here

Race center and other importat places in Google maps:
    here

Realteme list of registered competitors:
    here

Rules in English:
    here

Finnish GPS challenges, in Google maps:
    here

P.S. I'm sorry that this English version of Race Invitation is so late. I have had last weeks quite hurry time table. (Tml-Trophy, Formula offroad). And I'm making also English version for Finland Trophy race invitation in few days...

Original

And race is over and result can be found from:
    http://www.4x4cup.com/tiedostot/tura...009Results.zip

Control point pictures:
    http://4x4.ruijanpallas.com/index.php?race=32

And this race class modified get very exciting thinking about cup standings. In last race Swedish Nobo and Finnish Pähäma #69 have to win to win cup. If Pähäma is second and Nobo 3rd Pähäma wins. If both are under 3rd place Nobo wins:)

In this race team Kutunjuusto 1 made best control point picture ever...

And there was many quite fun situations. For example team Harbor Cruisers take everything which could get harmed in water away from their car before this control point. They was thinking last year when here was 1.5m water, this year only 40cm:)

And the next control point was little deeper (was last year very low:)

This same control point was quite difficult for many competitors

Many more pictures can be found from Offipalsta.com:s topic:
    http://forums.offipalsta.com/showthr...910#post591910

Thanks for the update and pictures!!!
    used to have a runner...

"I used to go missing quite a lot... Miss Canada, Miss United Kingdom, Miss World." —British soccer bad boy George Best

Janne was there!!! Great guy from Sweden!

did Timo have technical issues?
    used to have a runner...

"I used to go missing quite a lot... Miss Canada, Miss United Kingdom, Miss World." —British soccer bad boy George Best

[QUOTE=knixen;168100did Timo have technical issues? [/QUOTE]

What I heard he only had one broken birfield and thats it. He won the Competition in Prototype class!!!!