Thread: Hello from Spain

Default Hello from Spain

Hi,

My name's Joan and I'm from Spain, I live 200km south Barcelona. I have Defender 110 td5 used mainly to travel to sahara desert, Libia, Tunis, Morocco etc.

I just arrive from Romanievi, I was there this holidays with my family and I liked to much. I'm thinkin to come back there in summer driving my Land and go to the north make campings etc. But I don't know if it's allowed to drive out the roads, I mean, not through the forest of course, drive in the tracks. I dont found any info about it.

Another question if anybody knows where I can buy detailed maps of Lapland, with tracks etc etc, in paper or digital, its the same. And waypoints of intersting zones, routes etc..

This is the only one forum from Finland in english, I don't know if it's the correct site but it's the only I found. I hope somebody can help me.

In the other hand, if someone is planning a travel to the sahara I have a lot of useful info.

best regards

Joan.

Try this one,I hope that it helps you even a little.
    www.mihin.fi/

I have maps of raajarvi outside rovaniemi for oziexplorer if you want.
    used to have a runner...

"I used to go missing quite a lot... Miss Canada, Miss United Kingdom, Miss World." —British soccer bad boy George Best

Here you can buy maps by internet,paper-and cd-romversions.
    www.karttakeskus.fi

Hi everybody,

thank you for your quick response, i will try to buy the maps there Orkki. Knixen of course I hve interest in your maps, what we can do? do you believe it's possible to send me by mail ? or are too much bigger?

I have not clear if it's allowed to drive in to the tracks in Finland? We need to ask about special permission to the autorities in Lapland? we will go 3 cars for th moment.

best regards

Joan.

Quote Originally Posted by saharien View Post
    Hi everybody,

thank you for your quick response, i will try to buy the maps there Orkki. Knixen of course I hve interest in your maps, what we can do? do you believe it's possible to send me by mail ? or are too much bigger?

I have not clear if it's allowed to drive in to the tracks in Finland? We need to ask about special permission to the autorities in Lapland? we will go 3 cars for th moment.

best regards

Joan.
    Small roads or tracks are usually on private land, so you would need a permission from the land owner to drive those. But if you stay on gravel roads and roads that are marked to maps, you should be ok.....should!

I live in southern Finland so not sure how much small roads and tracks are in lapland? You could try to ask this track/small road thing from: info@laplandtrophy.com

They should know it better.