PDA

View Full Version : Safety rules & Insurances for Eurotrial 2008 in Norway

Janne Bronndal
01-24-2008, 12:30
Eurotrial is an event which is not included in FIA. Therefore, there are not any official international rules for this event.
The Norwegian organisers now have following permission/licence from the Norwegian Automobile-Sport Federation:
Permission is given for each driver to use their own countries safety rules, but minimum safety rules as described in the rules for Eurotrial has to be followed.
The Norwegian Organisers strongly recommend that the Norwegian safety rules for roll cages being followed. Information about safety rules for roll cages in Norway is to be seen at our official website www.eurotrial.no

Insurances:
The Norwegian organisers can not give insurance or licences to participants who are not Norwegian citizens. This is because you need a Norwegian national insurance number.
Every driver and codriver is therefore personally responsible for a valid insurance from their own country.
This insurance must cover you and your codriver if an accident happens to you during the competition.
Remark: Ordinary travel insurance is not valid.
Valid Drivers licence/ racing licence and insurance have to be shown by arrival/check in for the competition.
Citizens of the EU / European Union must also bring with them the European health insurance card.
At the Registration form, every participant must sign on and declare that they have read and understood that they must have valid insurance and that this is their own responsibility.
Insurance papers must be shown at check in for the competition.

The organisers insurance covers if a third person is injured ( spectactor, officials etc.)

The exact words of these safety and insurance rules are to be written in the supplementary rules for Eurotrial 2008.

Norway 24.01.2008

Janne Bronndal
Organisation Manager

Bob
01-30-2008, 19:27
Hi Janne do you mean we need personal insurance what about public liability insurance do we need to have a competition licence or will our normal licence cover us ??
Bob.

Janne Bronndal
01-30-2008, 21:15
Hi Janne do you mean we need personal insurance what about public liability insurance do we need to have a competition licence or will our normal licence cover us ??
Bob.

Hi Bob

If your competition licence covers you if you get injured while driving motorsport competition is this good enough. I assume you have a competition licence from your motorsport federation ?

There are some countries that don't have a competition licence from their motorsport federation.These participants must bring with them another valid insurance which covers them if an accident happens while their driving in a motorsport competition.
Ordinary travel insurance does NOT cover motorsport activities.

If you have a licence for your car you must bring this with you too.
Otherwise you must buy an insurance for the car when you check in for the competition.

Our insurance as organiser only covers if a 3 person (for example: official, spectator ) unfortunately should get injured.

Janne

Bob
01-31-2008, 19:02
Ok thanks for that will have to look around in England for insurance.

See You Soon Bob.

giacomo
02-05-2008, 12:08
Hello,

my name is giacomo and I am from italy.

I think this topic needs more input since this new insurance thing could determine misunderstanding and a potential loss of competitors.

1) Do you mean that any car taking part in 2008 eurotrial must be insured? (including protos and not registered cars in general).

2) When you make a racing licence here in italy it encorporates an insurance for the pilot against injury during national competitions.
This insurance/license is also valid for any competiton in any European country, but only if it is a FIA comp.
I gather this insurance is not valid for Eurotrial 2008.
In this case what kind of injury insurance can we make, I think there are no insurance companies available to issue a general insurance against personal accidents during motorsport competitions (at least here in italy).

Thanks
Giacomo

junde
02-05-2008, 12:49
As far as I know, in Finland the insurance that comes with racing license is valid in all European economic areas, when local NCS has accepted race! This years Eurotrial has Norges NSC:s permission, so all FIA license insurance should be valid.

You can ask written answer from your local NSC! Remember to say that even this race is not FIA race it has permission from local NSC.

Janne Bronndal
02-05-2008, 16:27
Hello,

my name is giacomo and I am from italy.

I think this topic needs more input since this new insurance thing could determine misunderstanding and a potential loss of competitors.

1) Do you mean that any car taking part in 2008 eurotrial must be insured? (including protos and not registered cars in general).

2) When you make a racing licence here in italy it encorporates an insurance for the pilot against injury during national competitions.
This insurance/license is also valid for any competiton in any European country, but only if it is a FIA comp.
I gather this insurance is not valid for Eurotrial 2008.
In this case what kind of injury insurance can we make, I think there are no insurance companies available to issue a general insurance against personal accidents during motorsport competitions (at least here in italy).

Thanks
Giacomo

As far as I know, in Finland the insurance that comes with racing license is valid in all European economic areas, when local NCS has accepted race! This years Eurotrial has Norges NSC:s permission, so all FIA license insurance should be valid.

You can ask written answer from your local NSC! Remember to say that even this race is not FIA race it has permission from local NSC.

Hi Giacomo
FIA licence is valid.
About the car: If you have a FIA racinglicence for your car is this valid insurance.
For those who doesn't have racinglicence with insurance on the car , the norwegian organisers offers an insurance to buy for the racecar against accidents to a 3 person.

For drivers who doesn't have a FIA driverlicence : They must bring with them an insurance which cover them selves and their copilot if an accident happens to them.

Best regards
Janne Bronndal

giacomo
02-06-2008, 09:20
Our local racing license (FIA) just cover accidents for the pilot and copilot (injury) and not accidents caused during the competition by the pilot or his car to others.

To cover accidents caused by the pilot or his car we will need to buy locally a norvegian insurance for the car valid for the 3 days of competition.

Do i stand correct?

Also when do you plan to publish the '08 reglement?

Thanks
Giacomo

Janne Bronndal
02-06-2008, 13:20
Our local racing license (FIA) just cover accidents for the pilot and copilot (injury) and not accidents caused during the competition by the pilot or his car to others.

To cover accidents caused by the pilot or his car we will need to buy locally a norvegian insurance for the car valid for the 3 days of competition.

Do i stand correct?

Also when do you plan to publish the '08 reglement?

Thanks
Giacomo

Hello again

You have understood it correct.
The reglement will be published as soon as the changes which was made in the Eurotrialkomitee meeting last week is finished written in the rules.

Janne

giacomo
03-06-2008, 09:17
hello again,
got any news?

bye

Mr Webergen
03-06-2008, 09:38

junde
03-29-2008, 19:42
Hi

Please put information about the incurance for the car!
(against 3.rd person) prices and so.

Junde

giacomo
04-11-2008, 11:34
Hello,

any news for the new Eurotrial reglement?

At least could you tell if the 2007 reg is still a valid reference for the technical rules (i.e. modifications allowed) for the ORIGINAL and STANDARD classes?

Please give feedback since time is running and july is not too far now (luckily:D)

Cheers
Giacomo

Janne Bronndal
04-11-2008, 11:54
Hi

We have been told that the rules is almost ready from Germany.
We expect to receive them soon, They will be presented as soon as we receive them.