PDA

View Full Version : Seat belts

Jare
04-15-2008, 19:49
Ok I might be blind, but I just could not find a place in the Formula Off Road rules that would tell how long can we drive with our seatbelts???

Some seatbelts has these "valid to" dates printed on them and that's easy to understand. But like myself I have set of belts that only has manufacture date stamped on them. So can I use them as long as they are not worn out or any other way in bad condition?? Or is there some sort of time limit anyway for them?

Arne
04-15-2008, 22:15
Ok I might be blind, but I just could not find a place in the Formula Off Road rules that would tell how long can we drive with our seatbelts???

Some seatbelts has these "valid to" dates printed on them and that's easy to understand. But like myself I have set of belts that only has manufacture date stamped on them. So can I use them as long as they are not worn out or any other way in bad condition?? Or is there some sort of time limit anyway for them?

FIA are marked as you say "valid to".
SFI are marked with production year and month and are valid for 5 years from production.

Of course belts also have to be in mint condition.

Jare
04-16-2008, 17:05
Ok. Thanks. So in that case my belts are still valid for July 2009:smile: GREAT!

Tom A-G
04-16-2008, 21:19

Arne
04-17-2008, 07:41

Værre er det ikke.
I Formula gjelder datosteplingen, i Biltrial ser vi bort fra den så lenge selen er uten skader eller strekkmerker.