PDA

View Full Version : Couple of Modified class Qs

XJMarty
01-31-2010, 13:12
Is it allowed in the modidfied class to use the hydraulic assist ram, not talking about the full hydro steering but only as a assist? The reglement says power steering is optional, does this include ?

Is there a tire size limit in modified class?

Reglement says that suspension can be changed. What does this mean? For vehicles using linked coil suspension is it possible to change the design of the links (like jeep TJ/XJ/ZJ) I mean going from 4 link to 3 link or to radius long arm design?

Lasse suzicn
01-31-2010, 17:41
Is it allowed in the modidfied class to use the hydraulic assist ram, not talking about the full hydro steering but only as a assist? The reglement says power steering is optional, does this include ?
Checking. Will be back with a answer...

Is there a tire size limit in modified class?
Sorry!
I gave the wrong answer... The size is free, but you are not allowed to cut the wings more than 100mm...

Reglement says that suspension can be changed. What does this mean? For vehicles using linked coil suspension is it possible to change the design of the links (like jeep TJ/XJ/ZJ) I mean going from 4 link to 3 link or to radius long arm design?

XJMarty
01-31-2010, 17:46

The maximum tyre hight allowed is 900mm. Widht is optional.

are you sure about the tire size limit? Because thats the limit for Standart class (90mm)!

The modified class had no exact limit, at least in the last version of regulations.

this is directly from the last version: Group "M"
Tires is free of will. Agricultural tractor profiles, spikes, chains and dual tires are not
permitted.
The tire track (profile area) must be covered to 1/3 in vertical line. If this is not the case, this
can be achieved in form of flared wings. The material of the flared wings must be made out of
solid and not transparent material.

XJMarty
02-01-2010, 19:22
come on folks, you must be doing something in that private section here on pirate. Dont let me waiting too long! Thefinger

SldgHmmr
02-03-2010, 12:39
As far as i know with the regulations as of today you are allowed to have hydro assist in Modified. You have to retain the original type of suspension (leaf springs or coil springs) but you are allowed to modify the control arms to your liking. There is NO tire size limit in the modified class.

XJMarty
02-03-2010, 18:31
Sledge I thought the same, but I want this to be confirmed before I made it, I dont want to redo the whole thing when somebody changes his mind

SldgHmmr
02-04-2010, 07:54
You have to prepare to do this anyway because the rule committee comes together and decides about the rules for the actual year. This means usually everybody has already built their rigs.

As long as they don't change that so the committee decides about the rules for the next year (so you have 1 year to know about the rules and build your rig) this will be the greatest problem of all.

Tommy
02-04-2010, 08:32
You have to prepare to do this anyway because the rule committee comes together and decides about the rules for the actual year. This means usually everybody has already built their rigs.

As long as they don't change that so the committee decides about the rules for the next year (so you have 1 year to know about the rules and build your rig) this will be the greatest problem of all.

This will be the fact for the nexte year.. also this year, only small adjustment for the same year, changes will first be effective earliest the year after...

So for exemple...
the Promod boddy will be like it was last year, changes we no make will be effective earliest in 2011....

this is the only way to do it...
hopefully there will not be many changes in the future...

SldgHmmr
02-04-2010, 09:15
Great, the first step :beer:

XJMarty
02-04-2010, 10:03
As far as i know with the regulations as of today you are allowed to have hydro assist in Modified. You have to retain the original type of suspension (leaf springs or coil springs) but you are allowed to modify the control arms to your liking. There is NO tire size limit in the modified class.

Ok, I know that that the rules take effect for the next year (not the year they are released), I just need to have these fact confirmed now, if they are valid for this season??

Modified:
Hydro assist
Tire size limit
Control arms modifications /number/mounting points

Did I wrote it clearly enough?

thanks

SldgHmmr
02-04-2010, 10:16
3.6.5 Steering unit
The steering stop screws are optional. Power steering is optional
(In my understanding hydoassist does not replace the original steering it just assists because the original steering ist still there)

3.6.2 Tires
Tires is free of will. Agricultural tractor profiles, spikes, chains and dual tires are not permitted. The tire track (profile area) must be covered to 1/3 in vertical line. If this is not the case, this can be achieved in form of flared wings. The material of the flared wings must be made out of solid and not transparent material.
(Not a single word about tire size)

3.6.8 Wheel suspension
Springs are free of will, but the type of spring must be maintained. The place of fixing the shackles is free of will. The original wheelbase and the original position of the axles must be kept. The wheel suspension may be changed, the type of the wheel suspension (e.g.: life axle, independent suspension) must be maintained.

Just read the regulations :)

XJMarty
02-04-2010, 10:24
Sledge, I have the EXACT same oppinion on this. Just wanted it to be confirmed by sb from the comitee, as I sometimes tend to overlook something.

Levo
02-12-2010, 07:58
Hello all,

I have a question: Does the Land Rover based Blitz buggy or Dakar buggy count as a mass-produced vehicle? Is it allowed in the Modified class?

Thanks!

SldgHmmr
02-16-2010, 12:43
I don't think so, they only have a race car homologation, these are no production vehicles

XJMarty
05-31-2010, 15:53
Ok, I know that that the rules take effect for the next year (not the year they are released), I just need to have these fact confirmed now, if they are valid for this season??

Modified:
Hydro assist
Tire size limit
Control arms modifications /number/mounting points

Did I wrote it clearly enough?

thanks

So, any real word on this from somebody from the comitee?:eyemouth: