PDA

View Full Version : Dustin Webster coming to Eurotrial

RedBullRockIt
07-17-2010, 08:21
I have always wanted to see Eurotrial in person and am excited to be making the trip over this year. I will fly into Stockholm on the 11th and stay until the following Monday in order to see the weekend's competition.

Also, if anyone knows of any good buggies that might be available for the event, let me know as I would love to compete. :D

I really look forward to meeting new friends and visiting old friends too! See you all SOON!

Blesvik
07-17-2010, 09:18
Thats great news Dustin!!:smile:

supersvein
07-17-2010, 11:04
I have always wanted to see Eurotrial in person and am excited to be making the trip over this year. I will fly into Stockholm on the 11th and stay until the following Monday in order to see the weekend's competition.

Also, if anyone knows of any good buggies that might be available for the event, let me know as I would love to compete. :D

I really look forward to meeting new friends and visiting old friends too! See you all SOON!

Hope you have planned the way from Stockholm to Borås where the fun will be, it's quite a journey. Expect a day on the road if you have a car, or an hours flight to nearest airport at Gothenburg.
Not a big problem, but worth having it planned.

Lasse suzicán
07-17-2010, 11:05
Nice....

You´re welcome...
But if you leave at Monday you miss the race at Sunday...

berntroger
07-17-2010, 17:20
Hello Dustin..

Welcom to Eurotrial 2010 in Borås.

As SuperSvein wrote, there is about 450 kilometers form Stockholm to Borås.
If you arrange your flight to Gothenburg it will be much easier for you.
We can arrange your transportation from Gothenburg to Borås if you want.

Roger Karlsson
Borås Jeepklubb
Eurotrial Sweden 2010

RedBullRockIt
07-18-2010, 06:34
I will fly into Stockholm and was hoping to find a short flight to Jonkoping. I guess I will try to arrange for Gothenburg if you recommend it.

On Monday, I was planning on flying out of Stockholm in the late afternoon so I could still see the competition on Sunday.

I will communicate my transportation when I have the tickets finalized on Monday. I am bringing my 15 year old son, Garet, with me so he can also experience European competition. We both are really looking forward to this event!

RedBullRockIt
07-19-2010, 23:05
I have booked our flight into Gothenburg:

Arrival - August 11
To: (GOT) Gothenburg GOT, Sweden Arrive: 03:15 PM
Operated By: KLM CITYHOPPER FOR KLM
Flight Number: 9688

Departure - August 16
To: (FRA) Frankfurt, Germany Arrive: 04:20 PM

Is it a good idea to rent a car for the 5 days or is there enough to do around the competition area that I would not need one?

berntroger
07-20-2010, 06:33
Hello Dustin.

There is things to see, people to talk with, but if you want to see you
around a car is a good idea.
We can pick you up at, and drive you back to, the airport. No problem.
Do you want us to book a cabin at the camp for you?

/Roger Karlsson
Borås Jeepklubb
Eurotrial Sweden 2010

RedBullRockIt
07-20-2010, 08:27
Is there simple public transportation we can take to the competition area so you do not need to pick us up?

Regarding the cabin, I need to check with Anton Filimonov as he is making our arrangements for sleeping.

RedBullRockIt
07-21-2010, 19:39
Do you want us to book a cabin at the camp for you?

Roger,
I would appreciate it if you would book a cabin for us. We would prefer 2 beds but can live with a single bed if nothing else is available.

berntroger
07-23-2010, 21:27
Hello.

A 2-bed cabin is booked for you. I will mail the booking informaion to you.

There is absolutly no problem to pick you up at, and drive you back to, the airport.

Between camping and competition area we will have buses and minivans for transportation.

/Roger
Borås Jeepklubb
Eurotrial Sweden 2010

RedBullRockIt
07-25-2010, 06:31
That is great news. I will keep in touch about the transportation arrangments. Also, if it would be easier, I read there is a rail system from Goteburg to the town near the competition site. Would that be better?

Tommy
07-25-2010, 07:02
looking forward to meeting you Dustin...

Jare
07-25-2010, 20:01
Finally some competitor comes from US to see EuroTrial:smile: It sure would be even better if someone would come with a car, but hey, this is a good start:wink_animate:

I really hope to meet you and hear opinions about our competitions compared to yours. I'm not driving even this year, but going to be as a mechanic for one Finnish Pro-modified team. So I propably have also time to answer some questions and give a help if needed.

Jare from Finland

Tommy
07-25-2010, 20:03
totaly agree... and maybee we soon can make a real World Championship...

We have a dream..... he he

RedBullRockIt
07-25-2010, 23:43
You guys have been doing things just as long as we have and although some of the technical rules are different, we are more the same than we are different. My opinions on event formatting won't make much difference. Things have evolved to the point they are now through the work and ideas of many people and if you guys are happy, that really is a great thing! The only real difference is the risks we take. The higher risks bring about more spectator excitement for sure but where we have higher risk, you guys do an amazing job with technical driving challenges. That is what I am looking forward to seeing.

The only other main thing that I already know I would suggest is getting rid of the sticks and using cones or another course marking method because they are more consistent from one team to the next. Just as important, they are MUCH faster to re-set, making the competition move along quicker. The less downtime you have, the better things are for the media and spectators, which makes the teams, sponsors, and promoters happier.

And guys, I really do want to compete. I wish I could get ahold of my old buggy, the RockIt II that is in Russia, to come and play. That, or just borrow a vehicle. I would LOVE to try your technical challenges as they appear to be VERY well thought out by the course designers. Just because we drive crazy obstacles does not mean we can do well on technical ones like your teams drive.

Tommy
07-26-2010, 05:35
another "big thing" is the spotters... we dont use spotter outside the cars, and no winches, and only 3-5 minutes time limit insides the sections...
Again looking forward to meet you Dustin

RedBullRockIt
07-26-2010, 07:39
We used to have co-pilots in the vehicles but it got to be so dangerous for them that we had to make the decision to eliminate that option. Now, again for safety and teamwork, they are on the outside of the vehicle assisting. It would not be possible to do many of the things we do without a spotter to watch.

Regarding winches...I have only seen them used 3 or 4 times in the last 4 years. The penalty is so high that it does not make any sense to use them.

We'll see you guys soon and yes, we are VERY excited!

RedBullRockIt
08-03-2010, 07:56
One more week! :)

We need to make plans for getting to Boras.

I also need to know if the train station is near the airport as I need to make a few reservations for the trip in Switzerland and Austria after the event is over. Is it close by?

berntroger
08-03-2010, 20:36
Hello Dustin.

Train is not a good idea. a much better choice is to take the "flight bus", flygbuss.
A quick way to come to Borås.
But again, if you want, we can arrange to pick you up.
Absolutely no problem..

/Roger
Borås Jeepklubb
Eurotrial 2010

RedBullRockIt
08-03-2010, 21:17
The train station in Gothenburg is for making reservations for our travels in Austria and Switzerland AFTER the Eurotrail competition is over. We will be taking trains that are very busy so we want to be sure to get a seat by making reservations in advance.

If you will already be picking people up in Gothenburg, then yes, we would like to be picked up if there is enough room in the car. Otherwise, we do not want to take you away from preparing for Eurotrial as that competition is so important.

Should there be any problems catching a flygbuss to Boras after 17:15 in the afternoon?

berntroger
08-04-2010, 10:18
Hello Dustin.

There is a "flygbuss" to Borås at 17.35
price 80 SEK.

/Roger
Borås Jeepklubb
Eurotrial 2010

hoel-in-one
08-05-2010, 22:36
Looking forward to seeing you again Dustin ! It has been a few years since we met at ProComp in Chula Vista when you were shooting pics for the Lara Croft Jeep.
.. and look Tommy, he`s got one of those.... little ones
We will bring a few for testing Dustin :smile:

RedBullRockIt
08-06-2010, 18:42
Roger, we will TRY to make the earlier bus at 17:35, arriving in Boras at 18:13. It may not be possible if there are any delays. If the plane is a bit late or they are not fast to clear our baggage, we will make the next bus at 19:15 and arrive in Boras at 19:53.

What is the best way to arrive at Boras Camping? Does the bus drive close to the camping and can we ask the driver to stop and drop us off?

Looking forward to seeing you again Dustin !

:laughing: It will be good to see you again but did you REALLY have to post those pictures!??!! :pissed:

:laughing:

RedBullRockIt
08-06-2010, 19:05
Roger, I am trying to have Red Bull delivered to the campground next week...if I am not there to receive it, is there someone that Red Bull should ask for?

berntroger
08-06-2010, 21:57
Hello Dustin.

We have someone to pick you up at the busstation in Borås.

About Red Bull. They can contact, or ask for, me.
Mobil +46 706 329 629

/Roger
Borås Jeepklubb
Eurotrial Sweden 2010

Tommy
08-06-2010, 22:03
or me... I need a new sponsor... he he:wink_animate::wink_animate:

RedBullRockIt
08-07-2010, 03:38
Thanks Roger.

And thanks to you too Tommy...nice to see you're thinking only of others! :laughing:

See you both in 5 days!

Tommy
08-07-2010, 07:29
jepp.... see you soon...

RedBullRockIt
08-10-2010, 02:06
Roger, again, we leave for Europe tomorrow and will not be able to communicate during our travels. We do not have a mobile phone and will only have e-mail communication for short periods of time when a wifi signal is present. We will TRY to make the early bus and arrive at Boras at 18:13. If that is not possible, we will be on the bus arriving at 19:53. If there is noone there to pick us up, we will wait for 1/4 hour and then find our own way to the Boras Camping.

Thanks and see you all SOON! Best wishes for safe travel for everyone!

berntroger
08-10-2010, 22:07
Hello Dustin.

Don´t worry we will pick you up at the busstation.

/Roger
Borås Jeepklubb

G-rätetreiber
08-10-2010, 23:10
Hy,

another possibility:

I will arrive tomorrow ( 11-08-2010 ) at 21:15 from germany at the airport Göteborg-Landvetter.
My friend Andy will pick me up.

If anyone want,s to drive with us to the Boras camping, ...no problem !

Greats
Norbert

Hovatn
08-15-2010, 17:36

Jørn Høidalen
08-16-2010, 21:58
Did`t see this car at Sunday!

Anyone no why?

Amund
08-17-2010, 10:17
Did`t see this car at Sunday!

Anyone no why?

Have you seen the optician lately? :smile: I have probably 5 gigs of video of it from sunday. Will post here when I've had the chance to edit it together. It was very interesting to see Dustin drive this rig, there are so many details (plus guts) in his driving that I've never seen european drivers (including myself) do. There is much more to squeeze out of our rigs!

You americans should really come over and participate, that would for sure raise the bar and teach us old dogs some new tricks. :beer:

knixen
08-17-2010, 15:58
Have you seen the optician lately? :smile: I have probably 5 gigs of video of it from sunday. Will post here when I've had the chance to edit it together. It was very interesting to see Dustin drive this rig, there are so many details (plus guts) in his driving that I've never seen european drivers (including myself) do. There is much more to squeeze out of our rigs!

You americans should really come over and participate, that would for sure raise the bar and teach us old dogs some new tricks. :beer:

Are you an old dog now? Thefinger

hoel-in-one
08-17-2010, 21:32
.. I don`t think Amund was thinking of his viriginity this time Thefinger
I am glad you liked the Ghost-cars Dustin :smile: See you round :smokin:

Amund
08-17-2010, 22:15
Are you an old dog now? Thefinger

I'm sure they could teach new dogs old tricks as well.

.. I don`t think Amund was thinking of his viriginity this time

Please leave my virginity out of it.

Thefinger

Amund
08-18-2010, 06:57
ECeuTeJuwqI

hoel-in-one
08-18-2010, 16:00
Please leave my virginity out of it.

Thefinger
Ok dude :smokin:

Arne Karlsson
08-19-2010, 18:07
Hello Dustin we thankyou for visit us, it was fun to meet you. Hope we seen again. Hope you like our competition. Now its time for relax and a new 4x4meeting in September.

See you
Arne Karlsson
org.leader Borås Jeepklubb

Axel Von Gardan
09-01-2010, 16:14
Here´s few pics.. :beer:

RedBullRockIt
09-04-2010, 00:43
Last night, we finally arrived home from 22 days of holiday in Europe. Exciting new places, tons of new faces, and many memories that will last forever!

The part of our tour you will be interested in was our time at Eurotrial. As I mentioned on-stage at the awards ceremony, we learned that the stories of the skill of the European teams, and the friendship offered by all, are completely TRUE. Every person we met was generous and welcoming, whether they were a competitor, an organizer, from the media, or just a spectator…they ALL treated us like we had been friends forever! For us, that was great and really was something you all may take for granted. Because you experience it every day at your competitions, you may not realize how special that is. Please, never change that as to someone from outside of your part of the world, it is a special experience!

Regarding the teams…you are amazing. From the newer teams to the veteran teams, you take things VERY seriously. Also, most of you actually work as teams, even when you are competing against one another. Everyone here in the USA is more than willing to help every other team out, but while at Eurotrial, I experienced something different, which was the arrangement of the teams from different countries. I was impressed with teams like Germany and Norway, and a number of others, how they had a competition plan and repair/service strategy, including tools, parts, and mechanics, all working in harmony. Yes, you guys helped anyone from other teams that needed it, but the amazing thing was how well you worked WITHIN your teams. Each person seemed to know their position and duties and the organization was as good as my own professional team…that is a compliment as many do not realize that for 10 years, this is what I have done as a profession and NOONE here in the US is as organized and prepared at competition as our team is. Many of you were equal to our efforts and that was amazing to see as I realize that you have careers that are NOT as professional competitors.

Regarding the drivers…TOP NOTCH! A dozen or so of you could compete on the highest levels anywhere in the world. Australia, Japan, and the US, all have high level teams and you are more than talented enough to drive with them. Your skills in the technical parts of the courses are great to watch and when watching you drive, I personally recognize that most of you have put a lot of time and skill into making a good course strategy. Next, many teams can develop strategy but not so many can actually remember it perfectly, or follow it when under pressure. Many of the top teams did both very well. If you guys were competing in the northwest or eastern USA, you could bring your vehicles over and do WELL. If you were competing in the southwest US, you would need stronger cars to handle the abuse, but if you had that, again, you would do VERY well.

The vehicles…I have never seen so much variety at a competition. I had as much fun watching the Original class as the Proto class and it was clear that the spectators also liked every class as they were spread evenly among the courses. It was neat to see those vehicles and how each team had their own way of designing things in a way that they thought would complete the courses the best. I will say that those that doubted a non-portal axle on those courses did not consider that the course designer did a VERY good job making the courses balanced to EVERY type of vehicle. That is what made the variety of vehicles so much more fun to watch as they ALL could compete on what we call an “even playing field”, making for a balanced competition. Regarding what I was talking about above, that the drivers would need a different vehicle if competing in the southwest USA…The reason there is a difference in the southwest is that there is incredible traction and CRAZY climbs and drops that destroy vehicles. There is only ONE portal Axle vehicle competing in the southwest after years of trying to make them survive here. The problem is the sever hits and punishment the vehicle takes, combined with the unbelievable traction, flexes the portal boxes so much that the spider gear shafts get out of alignment and everything breaks. Mishka is built like most southwest US competition vehicles and many of you saw how much abuse it can take. Anything less and BOOM, things explode. Also, the suspension geometry needs to be very different for the climbs and descents we must do…but again, this is the southwest only…the rest of the country and the rest of the world, including Australia and Japan, you guys and gals would be ready to rock! Really, from all standpoints, most of your rigs were something I would LOVE to compete in! And yes, the Ghosts were amazing and actually FINISHED, with even a nice paint scheme that appeals to the spectators. Nice work on those!

The rules…I asked Tommy to send them over a few weeks before the event so I could truly understand the strategy possible. All in all, it is close to what we have here in the USA so I do not have much comment on most things. Yes, the rules were different in some areas but there is nothing wrong with that. There is something that was NOT defined in the rules but that you actually followed anyway, and that was a “spirit” clause when it came to vehicle specifications and safety. A rule that is something like this:
“Every rule is a guideline to ensure fairness and/or safety. As it is impossible to forsee every possible technicality of these rules, determination of the definition of a rule will be based on the “spirit of the rule”, not the “written word of the rule”. If a situation presents itself that challenges the written rule, the organizers will view the actual intent of the rule and compare that with the written rule and make a decision based on whether the situation is within the original “spirit” or not. If the situation is within the “spirit” of the rule and does not offer a competitive advantage, but improves safety over the written rule, it MAY be allowed.”
Watching the event organizers at tech inspection, it was clear that they followed this concept, which is the true basis for every set of rules in the first place. Not enough organizers realize this but your technical inspectors are VERY good, and do. They take the proper time to review things and carefully inspect the buggies to ensure things are as they should be. When there is a question of being un-safe, they are strong enough to address it. The teams should be VERY happy that Eurotrial is run this way!
Next, the event formatting…I only had two things that I assumed in advance that I would see changed. The sticks, although you have used them for many years and obviously prefer them…I saw two times where a stick was broken and came into the cockpit of the vehicle…both times, there was no occupant contact, but still, that happening at all is an obvious safety concern. Before, I wondered if the sticks would be replaced fairly and equally each time and was happy to see that on all but one occasion, the sticks were close enough to be acceptable. The one occasion I did see a problem, the team was lucky to not be affected by the placement and immediately after the team was done running, one of the excellent judges noticed that things were incorrect, called a Marshall, and fixed the situation. For that event, aside from the safety issue, the sticks were not so bad…still, the safety issue is one of those things where I would think things would change regarding the sticks.
The next issue I saw was regarding what we call, “sweeping” a gate by intentionally contacting the gate going an easier way. In this event, for the top teams, this rule did not make any difference but in the middle of the pack, I promise it did. Being able to pass a gate with only a single tire and getting the same score as a true attempt that happened to get all four tires through but still broke the gate is questionable. There is a VERY big difference between “sweeping” a gate stick with a single tire, and actually passing the gate, yet they are equal in penalty points. As a competitor, I personally would not like that. Especially in the case of Eurotrial where you are testing the best against the best, I would suspect to see a more competitive rule in place for that situation.
Finally, regarding the enforcement of event rules, it was EXCELLENT to see the event Marshalls were very fast to arrive when needed and how they approached every issue (which there were only a couple that I saw) with complete professionalism. You should be proud of this!

The event…Judging….Professional judges. Well, the sport as it is all over the world cannot have truly professional judges as there is just not enough money to keep a highly trained panel of judges travelling to competitions. This is just the way it is HOWEVER, the judges at the event in Boras were excellent! Yes, I am sure they did make a few mistakes here and there but that is the way it is in EVERYTHING that is human judged. However, the judges treated teams, the rules, and the competition with complete respect. They did not act like they were spectators that were just there to watch, but instead recognized how important their job was and understood that every call could make an important difference. That was great and every team should be thanking every judge that has this good attitude.
The timing…things moved along at a good pace and the crowd always had something great to watch, no matter the area they were in. Recovery of stuck or broken vehicles did have a few delays due to the competition area’s layout and huge size, however when the recovery team did arrive, they were VERY fast and experienced and did a great job handling even difficult recoveries. I cannot imagine doing a better job without increasing the amount of recovery machines by a large amount.
The announcer…I liked him. He was dynamic and knowledgeable about the sport and teams and was a true entertainer. The only thing bad about the announcing was the fact that he could not be heard over a wider area.
The Courses…In the 2 days before the event I walked the courses numerous times and was excited to see the design made for many creative ideas on how to complete a course. That meant the crowd would see many different things on the same course as each team had the room to get creative, while the course was still balanced. I LOVED that and was really bummed that I would not get to compete in the event myself as I knew that I would enjoy the challenge. Day 1 proved to me that I was right, the courses were perfect! I congratulate the designers on that. At this point, I get to the only thing that truly disappointed me the entire event…on day 2 of the competition, the courses were either exactly the same or very close to the same when it was entirely possible to use the exact same boundaries, and change the courses into something entirely new. It was the highest level competition in Europe and day two should have been an entirely new challenge with drastic changes within each course. Yes, it was possible and not difficult to do. I heard many teams saying they were unhappy for the same reason and the course designer should take this as something serious. In an event this important, presenting the most variety in challenging the teams should be a major priority. Please, take this as constructive criticism…this is one of the most important areas.
The location…Boras…it was exactly like our northwest and eastern US competition areas as the terrain is almost exactly the same. It was a good balance of rocks and dirt and tested everyone. It was HUGE and fun and challenging and…well…GREAT. The city??? I will be recommending it to friends as a holiday destination. It was clean, beautiful, had a great balance of architecture, was not difficult to navigate, had a GREAT city center, and the people were very humble and inviting. It is one of the few places I have visited in my broad travels around the world that I can say I would be happy to live in. The campground??? I am still smiling at what a great place that was to host a base camp. Whoever had this idea to use Boras Camping was a genius. Yes, for some things it made it a bit difficult for maintaining the competition vehicles, but overall the location had great people, a great attitude, and good logistics.
The after party…excuse my choice of words here but…FUCK YEAH!!!!! What an amazing awards ceremony and after party. I have never had so much fun at an event in my life and even just walking to the party, seeing all of the teams showing their pride and friendship and excitement…well, that was something quite special. Truly, that will be a top memory for me from this event as it was quite special!

Well, I know this was a long letter so far but there are so many things that you all should be proud of. Eurotrial is a quite special event and I was honored to be there and to participate at least as an ambassador of the sport. I was proud also to be there to support Anton Filimonov as he piloted Miska in the event. That vehicle has only a couple hours of testing time and truly, he was brand new to it and the different style of driving a vehicle like that takes. He did not perform great but he did not drive bad either. In fact, he accomplished most of the difficult gates but just had trouble with strategy in getting from one gate to the next, which will work itself out over time. Clearly, he has a lot of potential and I look forward to seeing his progress. He was humble all through the build, asking us not to publicly admit the vehicle was for him as we built it. He did that because he did not want people to expect him to be a winning contender. Not many people would be as humble as he was and that says a lot about his character. I will say this though…I have instructed a lot of people over the years and he truly is a great student. He grasps not only the strategy, but also the technical part about WHY the vehicle does what it does. I hope next year to be able to return to Eurotrial to watch his improvement…I also hope he will have the time to actually practice…2 hours of driving on easy obstacles in a new vehicle is not what I call being ready for an event this big! He did VERY good considering that! Finally, I sure hope to compete next year. I am not saying I will be able to arrange it and pay for transport of a vehicle but if Eurotrial turns it into a truly worldwide invitation, I would HOPE to be able to attend and give it a shot!

Thanks for the hospitality, thanks for the friendship, thanks for the fun…it was an EXCELLENT experience!

Oh yeah...one more IMPORTANT thing...to those that helped us keep Mishka in the game with the link repair...THANK YOU!!! That went VERY smooth due to your assistance! Also, the German guy that kept loaning us things like brake fluid...thanks to you as well...everyone was very generous but all of you guys went above and beyond and made it MUCH nicer! Finally, thanks to those posting and sending videos and photos of it all. It will be great to have these memories to share with my friends and family here at home!

ROCK ON!!!!
Dustin Webster

xtreme5304
09-12-2010, 19:40
hi dustin

but next eurotrial you are only welcome if amber is going with you...:D

for those who didn´t know amber
http://pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=879009

SldgHmmr
09-14-2010, 12:05
Next, the event formatting…I only had two things that I assumed in advance that I would see changed. The sticks, although you have used them for many years and obviously prefer them…I saw two times where a stick was broken and came into the cockpit of the vehicle…both times, there was no occupant contact, but still, that happening at all is an obvious safety concern. Before, I wondered if the sticks would be replaced fairly and equally each time and was happy to see that on all but one occasion, the sticks were close enough to be acceptable. The one occasion I did see a problem, the team was lucky to not be affected by the placement and immediately after the team was done running, one of the excellent judges noticed that things were incorrect, called a Marshall, and fixed the situation. For that event, aside from the safety issue, the sticks were not so bad…still, the safety issue is one of those things where I would think things would change regarding the sticks.
The next issue I saw was regarding what we call, “sweeping” a gate by intentionally contacting the gate going an easier way. In this event, for the top teams, this rule did not make any difference but in the middle of the pack, I promise it did. Being able to pass a gate with only a single tire and getting the same score as a true attempt that happened to get all four tires through but still broke the gate is questionable. There is a VERY big difference between “sweeping” a gate stick with a single tire, and actually passing the gate, yet they are equal in penalty points. As a competitor, I personally would not like that. Especially in the case of Eurotrial where you are testing the best against the best, I would suspect to see a more competitive rule in place for that situation.
Hi Dustin, i fully agree with you. The sticks and the gate sweeping should be changed in the future. Hopefully the eurotrial officials will listen to you.

If you manage to make it to the eurotrial next year and you are able to bring your rig you should plan to stay another week as we planned to have another comp a week later in an area near the eurotrial area. For more info see http://www.euro-offroad-challenge.com

I will also be at the SEMA show this year, maybe we can have a brew together ....... :beer:

Jare
09-14-2010, 20:05
I was proud also to be there to support Anton Filimonov as he piloted Miska in the event. That vehicle has only a couple hours of testing time and truly, he was brand new to it and the different style of driving a vehicle like that takes. He did not perform great but he did not drive bad either. ..........I also hope he will have the time to actually practice…2 hours of driving on easy obstacles in a new vehicle is not what I call being ready for an event this big!

ROCK ON!!!!
Dustin Webster

Hi there Dustin, it was nice to meet you, even though i propably didn't introduce myself, so you might have hard time connecting face to names after meeting so many people??

But anyhow, Anton is getting more practice at least on Finnish rocks at 25th of September. I really want to see how it works on clean rocks (hope it doesn't rain).

Dustin......you better get ypurself a car for EuroTrial 2011 and drive the competition and maybe get few other US drivers to come too.

Jare from Finland

RedBullRockIt
09-18-2010, 10:49
Jare,
You didn't need to introduce yourself, I already knew who you were...however, I was sorry not to get to enjoy some long conversations about the crazy things I've seen you do! There were many people I got to speak to for only a few seconds, that I really wanted to get to know better. You were one of them. Unfortunately, the Russians kept me busy with competition and after-competition vodka. Next time my friend!

As for me making it to 2011...I have already asked Red Bull if they would consider helping me make the event. I will try, but cannot make promises as it is a big commitment for me to make considering I am retired from competition! ;)

G-rätetreiber
09-22-2010, 22:08
----------------------------
Oh yeah...one more IMPORTANT thing...to those that helped us keep Mishka in the game with the link repair...THANK YOU!!! That went VERY smooth due to your assistance! Also, the German guy that kept loaning us things like brake fluid...thanks to you as well...everyone was very generous but all of you guys went above and beyond and made it MUCH nicer!

Dustin Webster

----------------------------

Hy Dustin,

thanks, i,m surprised, that You remember those little naturally helps !

.....For you, and and all our friendly internatinal teams, ...every time again .....

Greats from germany

Norbert Sollner