PDA

View Full Version : Long-haul lessons | What Africa taught me

Bergum
01-11-2011, 08:01
Since childhood Id been dreaming I was part of a Camel Trophy adventure, not realising Id end up being something like a Camel Man on my own for six years. (And a Camel smoker for 23).

I was chasing the dream. I wanted to get to places that few outsiders have seen.
Because Im car crazy I wanted to drive across Africa in a car, unlike the buses, trains and camels on which Paul Theroux, for instance, relies. For years I survived on Marmite and Black Cat sarmies to save up for my trip.

Eventually, in 2001, my Landy was ready and packed for the adventure. In the end I crisscrossed all of Africa, from Tietiesbaai to Tanzania and from Richards Bay to the Dorsland (Thirstland). Across the Ruvuma, and through Die Hel (Gamkaskloof).

Fortsettelse p http://www.driveout.co.za/destinations/long-haul-lessons-what-africa-taught-me

Skal jeg legge ut flere slike HER UNDER TRAILS nr jeg finner dem?
Alt jeg kommer over havner p bbergum.no og du kan skille ut offroad fra resten under categories offroad.... :-)

Kaare
01-11-2011, 10:52
Skal jeg legge ut flere slike HER UNDER TRAILS nr jeg finner dem?
Alt jeg kommer over havner p bbergum.no og du kan skille ut offroad fra resten under categories offroad.... :-)

Dette er en god ide, men jeg tror vi skal samle denne typen linker under en egen post her.