PDA

View Full Version : Was Eurotrial to easy ??????????

Jeff Carter
07-29-2007, 16:31
On our British club forum's there are a few comments from new people that went for the first time to Eurotrial saying that it looked very easy ? especially the proto tracks ??

Any thoughts by you guys ???????????? :)

Tommy
07-29-2007, 17:31
Yes it was to easy...
I guess al scandinavians like it when its much more difficult, sunday was better....
You can se on tha list that scandinavians did climb on the list on Sunday.. but even Sunday was to easy

Jeff Carter
07-29-2007, 17:55
Even our Pro-mod was easy !! maybe 3 good tracks all weekend :(

I even saw a little bending of the rules -- like last time nono nono

Lasse suzicŠn
07-29-2007, 18:10
I even saw a little bending of the rules -- like last time nono nono
That dont sounds so fun... What did they do this time?

Jeff Carter
07-29-2007, 18:24
Only helping there own nono

Jeff Carter
07-29-2007, 18:26
There's a Eurotrial video on You Tube -- Eurotrial 2007 Alfaster
Shows it rolling :)

Tommy
07-29-2007, 18:37
Here:
2tASDqhmA2A

later that day, they had a terrible flip, smashing rollcage, rear axle and more

jan terje
07-29-2007, 18:39
"our British club forum's"

www.??????????????.????

Jeff Carter
07-29-2007, 18:51
Our club -- All wheel drive club -- It's a new forum

Holten
07-29-2007, 19:08
Link?

tjd
07-29-2007, 19:15
Test this
http://awdc.co.uk

forum is new from jun

RedBullRockIt
07-30-2007, 06:39
Looking at the photos over the last couple of days, all I could think was "WOW, that LOOKS easy!"

Much of the time, photographs do not really tell the difficulty, but after taking a very close look, I think that even a complete beginner driving the RockIt II could have perfect scores on each of the courses...that's how easy the photographs make it look.

Even if it is not true and the courses were difficult and dangerous, if the photos do not look exciting, then the "EXTREME" element of the sport is missing when people on the outside view it. That is not a good thing.

Please take my words carefully as I am NOT saying it was for sure easy....it just LOOKS easy because the photos make it look that way.

Also, can anyone tell me WHY Vitaly Gavanski from Russia used tractor tires on the old Red Bull/Pro Comp Jeep??? That vehicle works perfectly on the Pro Comp tires and would be at a huge disadvantage on the tires I have seen in the photographs.

Finally, I wish I could read the foreign languages...I think Armund called me Peter Pan in another thread...? ;)

Tommy
07-30-2007, 07:25
Hello Dustin..
I tought you should be there???

I totaly agree with you Dustin... some parts of extreme should be present, and at San Marino there where not.. also courses like these changes some and the fist drivers out has near to imposible conditions bat tha las one has a walk in the park...

With luck, skills and a good head (That works in a helmet when its 45 C outside) it was possible to go on Zero both days...

I say welcome to Norway next year.. it would hopefully be much more difficult and extreme.

Regarding the russian on tractor tires I dont know, but he had a terrible rollover and broke hes shoulder, it was a bad accident and he was still at hosspital when we left San Marino Thuesday...

Amund
07-30-2007, 11:32
Finally, I wish I could read the foreign languages...I think Armund called me Peter Pan in another thread...? ;)

Uum can't remember doing that, hope I didn't :)

The tracks may look boring in the pics, but they provided a good challenge for all of us for sure. They were all steep and had a lot of cool rollovers - even a few bad ones. If they were too easy, wouldn't the top five positions in all classes have 0 penalties? In that respect they were perfect - all top competitors were separated by several points and the one with the most skill - combined with luck - won. Lots of vehicle breakdowns, that's where both luck and a well built car + good mechanics come in.

One can always argue that the terrain was too simple for our cars, this is true, I'd say portal axles and big tires was a handicap here - but that's the beauty of Eurotrial - all countries have different terrain and people build their cars to fit their home environment - but foreigners still took most of the trophies if I remember correctly. I'd say this race was all about center of gravity and technique & precision while in Scandinavia it could be more about ground clearance and grip - still a lot of technique. I think the best drivers won, however these people may not be the best in different terrain.

The terrain itself was not the challenge - but combined with arrows, gates and marker tape it was a huge challenge. It was good fun! You should have been there!

Blesvik
07-30-2007, 15:01
I think the courses was a bit to easy.
If I remember right, I had 11 of 16 courses with zero penalty points.
There should have been more gates sideways and not only strict up as most of the "difficult" gates were.
But again, its not easy to make good tracks!
Like in Finland last year when our tracks looks wery difficult and I drove all sunday with only 9 penaltys..
But in Norway next year we will make some real bad ass sections!crossbonedThefingercrossboned

RedBullRockIt
07-30-2007, 18:17
I wanted to be there. Instead, Becca and I travelled across the USA to help a high school racing program. They were going to be cut from the school but with many letters from around the world as well as the publicity and excitement we were able to raise by driving their vehicle, we were able to save them so the class could continue.

I will try very hard to come to Norway. If I could come as a competitor or a spectator, it would be a great time for sure.

Finally, my point about the difficulty was more about the photos that came out of it. If the still photos do not make it look super difficult, then the video will not either. That means the post-event publicity part of the competiton is not as good. Sometimes it is impossible to have exciting photos, even if the courses are perfect...however, it is always important to consider how exciting a course will look on film, when designing a course...that is a mark of a good course designer because not only is he considering the teams, but also the media success of the competition.

I am sorry to hear about Vitaly.

Jeff Carter
07-31-2007, 14:17
Was there a video crew there ?? and no T-shirts to buy ?? :confused:

Pal (tatoo man ) -- I had 11 clears as well -- but the 150 on the last track - knackered me

Blesvik
07-31-2007, 15:14
Was there a video crew there ?? and no T-shirts to buy ?? :confused:

Pal (tatoo man ) -- I had 11 clears as well -- but the 150 on the last track - knackered me

There was a video crew there and you can order it here when its ready.
www.fuoristradainvideo.it (http://www.fuoristradainvideo.it)

You should have won this competition Jeff!
Your car was perfect for the terrain there!!!
And you would have won for sure if you car didn't break down on the last track:(

And will you ever forget that incident with the tattoo on the beach?:o

And Dustin, I really hope you will visit Norway some time!
And you had a good excuse for not showing up in Italy!:)
Great work!

RedBullRockIt
07-31-2007, 20:11
The sad thing is tht I have many good friends and BIG media contacts in San Marino. It would have been much more fun for me in San Marino, but what I ended up doing was much more important.

I hope to see you next year...anyone want to give me a racing license so I can represent your country in 08??? ;)

Jare
07-31-2007, 21:35
Uum can't remember doing that, hope I didn't :)

Yeah you propably have said that:p:p:p;);).....just kidding

But for Dustin, you would be the First US driver to take part in Eurotrial if you come to Norway next year. So finally start up making plans for that. We really really would like to see US-crawler on Scandinavian rocks and trial sections.

About Eurotrials....my self I hate the way these competitions has just too much arrows and gates on each track. Like Finland last year, some of the sections was like full of sticks with arrows. So on some of the sections the challenge was to avoid running down other class sticks and try to remember where your own was.

Somehow I really digged the Night Rock we had in Pirate4x4 Jamboree. Unfortunataly it just started to rain during it:(

Oh and has anyone catched Alfaster worse roll over on film???? Would like to see how the new owner has been hanling "our car":p:p:p

Tommy
07-31-2007, 21:54

But for Dustin, you would be the First US driver to take part in Eurotrial if you come to Norway next year. So finally start up making plans for that. We really really would like to see US-crawler on Scandinavian rocks and trial sections.

About Eurotrials....my self I hate the way these competitions has just too much arrows and gates on each track. Like Finland last year, some of the sections was like full of sticks with arrows. So on some of the sections the challenge was to avoid running down other class sticks and try to remember where your own was.

Somehow I really digged the Night Rock we had in Pirate4x4 Jamboree. Unfortunataly it just started to rain during it:(

Oh and has anyone catched Alfaster worse roll over on film???? Would like to see how the new owner has been hanling "our car":p:p:p

Im totaly agree with Jare on these......

Jeff Carter
08-01-2007, 10:22

":p:p:p

Would be great to have a yankee team in Eurotrial -- Book the boat for 2008

And Amund -- I think so too ........... Fight Fight Fight (ha Ha ) :):)

RedBullRockIt
08-01-2007, 18:56
I had hoped to compete in San Marino but was told that it was European teams only. Does anyone know if I was told the wrong information?

Tommy
08-02-2007, 07:01
I had hoped to compete in San Marino but was told that it was European teams only. Does anyone know if I was told the wrong information?

You got the wrong informasjon.. Im in the Eurotrial komitee, and we disguesed that on our last meeting and agreed that US and ither Team would be more than welcome...

Janne Bronndal
08-02-2007, 08:32
Welcome to Eurotrial 2008 in Norway

Arendal Offroad Club wishes all competitors and team welcome to Eurotrial in Norway 2008.
Information about the Competition area:

The competition will be held at Brokelandsheia in Gjerstad Aust-Agder County, south in Norway. It`s close to the highway E-18, there will be directions at the highway for the camp, depot and competition area.
Depot has parking possibilities, service-area and technical checkpoint.
All is located nearby to the competition area.
The camp is also located in the same area, and will be central for most of the arrangements as party tent, concerts, prize awards, results-service and more during the competition days.
Facilities at the camp:
Electricity
Toilets
Showers (there are some restricted capacity for showering)
Possibilities for swimming and bathing in a nearby lake with freshwater, located few 100 meters from the camp.
The competition area consists variables between forest,mountain,rocks and swamp.
During the competition there will be speaker service in english and norwegian.
There will also be organized a boat trip that will bring us through the finest coast of southern Norway. More information about the boat trip will come at our website.

Other facilities close to the camp/competition area:
-Gas-station
-Several restaurants
-Sports store
-Clothing stores
-Grocery store

Temporarily Program:
Friday 25th. of July
Pilot`s registration by teamleaders
Technical inspection/tests (for all categories)
Training sections open
Official welcome and opening ceremony
Car parade
Party in the festival tent with Live Concert.

Saturday 26th. of July
Team Leader Briefing
Drivers meeting
08.00 Competition begins, 10 sections
30 minute Break
17.00 Closing of competition area.
Time limit for handling in race-schema and park in Park fermŤ
20.00 Official Dinner
Results-service
Party in the festival tent with Live Concert

Sunday 27th. of July
Team Leader briefing
08.00 Competition begins, 10 sections
30 minute Break
17.00 Closing of competition area.
Time limit for handling in race-schedule and park in Park fermŤ
Opening of Park fermŤ
Results service
Awarding of prizes at the festival tent
Party

How to get to Norway:
There are several different ferries which brings you to Norway:

Color Line booking:
From Kiel in Germany to Oslo
Phone: 004781000811
From StrÝmstad in Sweden to Sandefjord in Norway
Phone: 0046(0)52662000
From Frederikshavn in Denmark to Oslo
Phone: 004599561977
From Hirtshals in Denmark to Larvik in Norway
From Hirtshals to Kristiansand in Norway
Masterferries booking
From Hanstholm in Denmark to Kristiansand
Phone: 0047815 26 500
Kystlink booking:
From Hirtshals in Denmark to Langesund in Norway
Phone: 004735966800
From StrÝmstad in Sweden to Langesund in Norway
Phone: 004652614000
From Hirtshals in Denmark to Langesund in Norway
Phone:004596560068

Our official website www.eurotrial.no will open 15.08.07
If you have any questions about Eurotrial in Norway 2008

Please contact: Janne Bronndal (Organization Manager)
Phone: 004793006704
E-mail: jabron@kabeltv.as

Best Regards

Janne Bronndal

Jeff Carter
08-02-2007, 11:27
Hey Janne -- What no boats from England ?? :confused: (maybe i'll swim )

Amund
08-02-2007, 12:11
And Amund -- I think so too ........... Fight Fight Fight (ha Ha ) :):)

Hey I don't talk much about cartoons. But maybe I called him Peter Panhard? (haaa haa US translation: Peter Trackbar)

Janne Bronndal
08-02-2007, 15:24
Hi Jeff, I will check out the ferries from England and let you know.:)
Janne

RedBullRockIt
08-04-2007, 21:26
Wow Tommy...I wish I had known that for 2007!

Thanks for the information.

RPJ
01-13-2008, 21:44
That sounds like a kick-ass roadtrip :D

But this competition is only held once a year? I've been looking for an excuse to build a buggy for some time, but over here there's almost nowhere you can use a non road-legal vehicle, so there's no point in doing it.

But if there was a regular competition within driving distance..... :)

Tommy
01-13-2008, 21:47
Eurotrial only once a year... but a lot of big comps in Germany.. or is that to far...

RPJ
01-13-2008, 21:56
Germany is close enough. Is there a website where I can read more about these competitions?

Tommy
01-13-2008, 21:58
www.vdgv.de

Thay have great comps, ometimes with over 100 competitors...

ROCK RACER
01-19-2008, 19:54
I think the courses was a bit to easy.
If I remember right, I had 11 of 16 courses with zero penalty points.
There should have been more gates sideways and not only strict up as most of the "difficult" gates were.
But again, its not easy to make good tracks!
Like in Finland last year when our tracks looks wery difficult and I drove all sunday with only 9 penaltys..
But in Norway next year we will make some real bad ass sections!crossbonedThefingercrossboned

Jeg ser frem til sommer i Norge og Tommy og den danske klanens bbq;)